June is my birthday month! On the 18th, I will be 11, but feel as spry as an 8 year old. I have added a tiny bit of weight this year, have gained a new appreciation for eating an al fresco breakfast, and feel such relief that my costumes have been more fitting to my taste over the past year. I thought the baby cardinal sitting in the back yard was an early present from Mom. I wanted to play with him, but HIS Mom did not think that was a good idea and pecked me in the head. It was a revolting development to a plan that appeared to have great potential for fun. Anyhoo, I’m hopeful for extra treats, some significant time laying in the sun and a few new squirrels to annoy in the yard as I celebrate my big day.
Chester’s Two Cents Worth
Here are some famous people with birthdays in June. I’ll give you the background and you tell me who it is. Hint: none of them are cats.
- Born June 1st, she was famous for playing dumb blonds. She died of an overdose in 1962 at the age of 36, but remains an icon. (Marilyn Monroe)
- June 8th is his birthday and he designed “Fallingwater,” which has been called the “best work of all time in American architecture.” He died in 1959 at 91. (Frank Lloyd Wright)
- June 2nd is the birthday of the man who won five Gold medals for swimming in the 1920’s, but we oldies know him best for his role as Tarzan. He died in in 1984 at 79 (Johnny Weissmuller)
- On June 7th, this talented musician would have been 58. The color purple will be forever associated with him (Prince)
- June 26th marks the birthday of the gentleman credited with being the “founder” of baseball in Cooperstown, NY. He’s best known for being the solider who aimed the cannon that fired the first shot in answer to the Confederates at Ft. Sumter. He died in 1893 at the age of 73 (Abner Doubleday)